Catoctin Hemp uses BHO extraction in order to achieve the highest quality oil that is as close to Full Plant Extract that you can get. We believe that extraction should aim to bring the most representative full spectrum product out of the biomass, and BHO extraction gets that done. BHO extraction also pulls cannabinoids out of the biomass at around 92% efficiency compared to a CO2 efficiency of 70%.
What to expect
Our extraction process delivers high quality, full spectrum oil. We maintain low temperatures through the whole process in order to preserve terpenes. Terpenes that are evaporated in the purging step are captured and bottled. These can be used to mix back into your oil or sell as a standalone product, the choice is yours.
The extract straight from our machine has high levels of cannabinoids and is ready for formulation immediately after decarboxylation. Depending on the quality of input biomass, oil can have upwards of 65% CBD. This true-to-nature extract is perfect for maintaining the natural flavors and whole plant benefits that are so unique to hemp.
- We will run a Oil Yield Test for your biomass to determine how much oil your material will produce.
- That oil will be tested for cannabinoid and terpene potency in order to check oil quality.
- Once an Oil Yield Test has been completed, and the customer is ready to begin, we will have your biomass delivered to our facility.
- Extraction will be billed one week at a time (paid in advance) based on expected throughput. Any variance in throughput will be adjusted on the invoice.
- Oil can be picked up at the beginning of the following week.
- Payment is required each week in order to continue the extraction process.